Real Photo Printed card
Before it was called Miamitown, it was known as Miami.
The Milford Town Hall was built in 1889 and combined with the opera house it resembled a Rhine Castle.
HYDE PARK PLEASANT RIDGE ST. BERNARD
The Pleasant Ridge town hall was constructed in 1884 as a town hall for Columbia Township, of which Pleasant Ridge was the seat. Pleasant Ridge was incorporated as a village in 1891. After Cincinnati annexed the village in 1912 the Pleasant Ridge Masonic Lodge No. 282 bought the building.
COLLEGE HILL NORWOOD LOCKLAND
Located at the corner of Belmont and Larch Avenue the College Hill Town Hall, dedicated January 10, 1887, was added to the National Register of Historic Places on March 17, 1978. It recently has been used as a home for classes of Contemporary Dance Theater, and has been available to rent for events.
Constructed in 1889 the Westwood Town Hall is located on the northwest corner of Harrison & Montana Ave. It was initially used by the volunteer fire department and contained meeting rooms and village offices. It was by the Gamble-Nippert YMCA from 1929 until 1966. Renovated is is now used for various community activities. The last image is a present day photograph.
Judge Caldwell giving advice
This is a very rare card
Leopold Markbreit was Mayor of Cincinnati from 1908-1909. Markbreit Avenue is named after him. These two cards show his funeral procession being held in 1909. The view is looking north up Race Street. The procession is going south towards downtown Cincinnati passing over the Canal Bridge.
When the first larger than normal postcard was made (1931) it would seem the Cincinnati Board of Health was not having much success in obtaining the money it needed from the city government. This looks like it may have been made for the editorial page of one of the city's newspapers. The second image was drawn ca. 1905 and shows the Honorable Harry L. Gordon who, among other things was a Vice Mayor of Cincinnati and the Lieutenant Governor of Ohio 1902-04. The third drawing shows the Honorable J. B. Foraker who was the Ohio Governor from 1886 to 1890 and a U. S. Senator from 1897 to 1909.
1914 Election Day postcard
POLITICAL "VOTE FOR ME" POSTCARDS
County Auditor Gilbert Bettman County recorder Gordon Scherer
1962 Attorney General Common Pleas Judge 1956 City council
Road Commissioner Peter Outcalt Leo H. Bradley Municipal court Simon L. Leis
City council State representative 1959 Common Pleas court
1957 1982 1954
1911 Cheviot card Clerk of Courts Common Pleas Court Charles P. Taft
Treasurer of Green Township 1914
Jane Anderson for State Rep. Charles Levinson City council 1959
J. Marc Trabert City Council. (64?) Elmer Hunsicker Clerk of Courts 1940
Sent by Congressman Donald Clancy
Frank S. Bonham Judge Probate Court 1941 Judge James Stewart for
Supreme Court of Ohio